An ‘Extension Nut’ is a kind of ‘Fastener’ that is specially used to join two male threads, typically a threaded rod, in some cases the two pipes.
The special feature of the Extension Nut is that it is extended or elongated to firmly join the two threaded material at opposite ends, so it is also known as ‘Coupling Nut.’ A ‘Coupling Nut’ has a hole in the middle of the nut which allows one to see the extent of the threaded rod has mated with the nut.
The ‘Coupling Nut’ is a regular hexagonal shape and easily fastened by using a simple ‘Hexagonal Wrench.’ These nuts are typically designed for and used as a corrective measure where ‘Anchor Rods’ do not project far enough equally above the foundation level.
The Features of Extension Nuts are
1. The Nut has a sight hole to verify the proper thread engagement.
2. It joins two studs of different length, for increasing/decreasing the clamp height.
3. The material 316-Stainless steel extension nuts have excellent rust resistant in every environment.
4. They are heat-treated, better strength and able to bear heavy loads.
The Extension Nuts are made of various materials such as Stainless-steel, Aluminium, Brass, Copper alloy, Carbon Steel, etc. Whereas sizes range from #4-40 to 12 inches in diameter and length up to 14 inches.
The Applications of Extension Nuts are
1. Industrial Applications.
2. In joining some automotive parts.
3. Building construction and pipe joining.
4. In assembling of some machinery parts.
5. Household decorative item hangings.