The power tool is also an tool that is operated by an additional power source and method/procedure other than the alone manual labor used with hand tools. The most normal types of power tools use electric motors. Internal combustion engines and compressed air are also generally used. The power sources include steam engines, and burning of fuels, and even natural power sources like wind energy, Hydel energy.
The Power tools are used in various applications/purposes. Some of those are
1. In the industry.
2. In the construction.
3. In the garden.
4. For the household activities such as cooking, cleaning,drilling,cutting, painting,drilling and other various things.
The Power tools are differentiated as either stationary or portable/moving, where portable/moving means hand-held. Portable power tools have clear advantages in mobility. Stationary power tools have the advantages in terms of speed and accuracy. The some stationary power tools can produce objects that cannot be made in any alternate way. The Stationary power tools for metalworking are usually called as fixed power tool. The term fixed power tool is not usually applied to stationary power tools for woodworking, although such practice/use is sometimes heard. In some cases such as drill presses definitely/exactly the same tool is used for both woodworking and metalworking.
The Some of the advantages of the Power tools are
1. Unlike hand tools, power tools are faster, which makes it easier to finish more work in the less time.
For Example, cutting a large piece of lumber using a hand tool will take you hours of work even if you have two or three people helping you. With a powered tool you can cut down many pieces of the same lumber in just a few minutes.
2. Another good thing about power tools is they can do the work that are impossible to do hand-operated.
3. Minimal human effort needed.
4. It has so many functions in one tool, so it is handy and useful.